• Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship today launched Aatamanirbhar Skilled Employee-Employer Mapping (ASEEM) portal to help skilled people find sustainable livelihood opportunities.
• The portal will map details of workers based on regions and local industry demands and will bridge demand-supply gap of skilled workforce across sectors.
• ASEEM portal will provide employers a platform to assess the availability of skilled workforce and formulate their hiring plans.
• It refers to all the data, trends and analytics which describe the workforce market and map demand of skilled workforce to supply.
• The Artificial Intelligence-based platform will also provide real-time granular information by identifying relevant skilling requirements and employment prospects.
• The ASEEM portal has been envisioned to give a huge impetus to our persistent efforts to bridge the demand-supply gap for skilled workforce, bringing limitless and infinite opportunities for the youth.
• The initiative also aims at accelerating India’s journey towards recovery by mapping skilled workforce and connecting them with relevant livelihood opportunities especially in the post COVID era.
• ASEEM will be used as a match-making engine to map skilled workers with the jobs available.
• The ASEEM portal and App will have provision for registration and data upload for workers across job roles, sectors and geographies.
Mains Paper 3: Economy
Prelims level: ASEEM portal
Mains level: Aims of the ASEEM portal