• Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman attended the Plenary Meeting of the International Monetary and Financial Committee of the Board of Governors of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) at the Annual Meetings 2021 held in Washington D.C. on 14th October 2021.
• The meeting was attended by Governors/Alternate Governors representing 190-member countries of the IMF.
• The discussions at the meeting centered on “vaccinate, calibrate and accelerate” which is the theme of the Managing Director’s Global Policy Agenda.
.About IMFC meetings:
• The IMFC meets twice a year, once during the Fund-Bank Spring Meetings in April, and again during the Annual Meetings in October.
• The Committee discusses matters of common concern affecting the global economy and advises the IMF on the direction of its work.
Mains Paper 3: Economy
Prelims level: International Monetary and Financial Committee
Mains level: Key highlights of the International Monetary and Financial Committee meetings