• The Union Minister of Skill Development rolled out the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF).
• The fellows under MGNF will acquire academic expertise and technical competency in understanding the overall skill ecosystem along with being attached to District Skill Committees (DSCs).
• It will help them manage the skill development planning at district level through the mechanism of formulating District Skill Development Plans (DSDPs).
• With the successful launch of MGNF in the first pilot (MGNF) which had 69 fellows working across 69 districts, the Ministry is now expanding MGNF to all remaining districts in the country.
• For retaining the standard of academic excellence and reputation in MGNF, the Ministry is seeking academic partnership with only the IIMs and have roped in nine IIMs for the national roll out of MGNF.
Mains Paper 2: National
Prelims level: Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship