• In the presence of Union Minister of Chemicals and Fertilisers, a practical field trial of Drone Spraying of Nano Liquid Urea was conducted in Bhavnagar, Gujarat.
• This demonstration of spraying liquid nano urea by drone was undertaken by IFFCO, a company involved in developing nano urea.
• India has become the first country in the world to start commercial production of Nano Urea. IFFCO started production in June and till has produced more than 5 million bottles of Nano Urea as of now.
Benefits of Liquid Nano Urea:
• Liquid Nano Urea has emerged as a powerful alternative to conventional Urea. Increasing use of liquid nano urea will result in economic savings to the farmers, increase productivity and reduce India’s dependence on urea imports.
• This will also reduce the subsidy burden on the government and the government will be able to use this savings on other public welfare schemes.
• IFFCO in its study has found that spraying nano urea through drones is more effective on crops and will also have a positive effect on productivity.
Benefits of Drone spraying:
• Drones will be able to spray more land in less time. This will save the time of the farmers.
• The cost of spraying will be less. This will result in financial savings to the farmers.
• Along with this, the safety of the sprinklers will also be ensured.
Mains Paper 3: Economy
Prelims level: Nano Urea
Mains level: About Nano Urea and its uses