• Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) National Awards for excellence in Earth System Science have been announced.
• This year the Life Time Excellence Award is being awarded to Professor Ashok Sahni for his significant contribution in the field of Geology, Vertebrate Paleontology and Biostratigraphy.
• The National Award for Ocean Science and technology is being awarded to Dr. V. V. S. S. Sarma, Senior Principal Scientist, CSIR-National Institute of Oceanography, Vishakapatnam and Dr. M. Ravichandran, Director, National Centre for Polar and Ocean Research, Goa.
• The National Award for Atmospheric Science and technology will be presented to Dr. S. Suresh Babu, Scientist-SF, VSSC, Thiruvananthapuram.
• The National award for Geoscience anda technology will be presented to N. V. Chalapathi Rao Department of Geology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
• The National Award for Ocean Technology will be presented to Dr. M. A. Atmanand, Director, National Institute of Ocean Technology, Chennai.
• Lidita D. S. Khandeparker, Senior Scientist, CSIR-National Institute of Oceanography, Goa will receive the Anna Mani award for woman scientist.
• The Young Researcher Awards will be presented to Dr. Indra Sekhar Sen, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur and Dr. Arvind Singh Physical Research Laboratory (PRL), Ahmedabad for their outstanding work in Earth System Science.
Mains Paper 3: Science and Tech
Prelims level: Ministry of Earth Sciences National Awards
Mains level: Read the newsfeed