• The tenth edition of National Science Film Festival kicked off in a virtual mode.
• Vigyan Prasar, an autonomous agency under the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, has been organizing this festival as a part of its science popularization endeavour.
• The festival offers a unique platform to showcase the science films made by professionals, amateur and student filmmakers under various themes.
• The national science film festival 2020 is being jointly by organized Vigyan Prasar, and the Tripura State Council of Science and Technology, Govt. of Tripura.
• A total of 115 shortlisted films selected by the ten-member jury will be screened during the festival. These include films in Hindi, English, Urdu, Malayalam, Kashmiri, Bengali, Marathi, Punjabi and Tamil languages.
Mains Paper 3: Science and Tech
Prelims level: National Science Film Festival