• Centre has notified RoDTEP Scheme Guidelines and Rates (Remission of Duties and Taxes on Exported Products).
• The scheme for zero rating of exports will boost our exports and competitiveness in the global markets. The rates of RoDTEP will cover 8555 tariff lines.
• Scheme’s objective is to refund, currently un-refunded:
1. Duties/ taxes/ levies, at the Central, State and local level, borne on the exported product, including prior stage cumulative indirect taxes on goods and services used in production of the exported product, and
2. Such indirect Duties/ taxes/ levies in respect of distribution of exported products.
• It may be noted that rebate under the Scheme shall not be available in respect of duties and taxes already exempted or remitted or credited.
• Scheme is to be implemented by Customs through a simplified IT System. Rebate will be issued in the form of a transferable duty credit/ electronic scrip (e-scrip) which will be maintained in an electronic ledger by the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).
Mains Paper 3: Economy
Prelims level: RoDTEP Scheme
Mains level: Read the newsfeed